13.3.07

Whoa

So I'm looking into all of the information about being an actuary. Pretty intense. There's actually two good actuarial programs in Illinois, but of course, neither of them are in Chicago. That would be way too easy. So I'm sticking with getting a degree in statistics down at UIC and then just bullying my way through the tests. Illinois State has exam preparation seminars, so once I've brushed up on my calculus I'll probably head down there and take the first one. Ideally I should be done with the first 2 tests by the time I'm done with my bachelor's, 3 years from now at the latest. That would definitely have me set up to get a very good job. I'm working on finishing the first test by the end of this year, or early next year and trying to get an internship/entry=level position at that point, though that'll be pretty difficult.

I had a Quizno's salad for lunch today. Very tasty, very filling. I highly recommend. I'm just basking in the glory that is only 5 more days of work. Beautiful, isn't it? Then a whirlwind of getting all of my "outprocessing" done and packing up and shipping out. It'll be a wonderful thing. I can't wait to be off this base forever. They say the most beautiful part of serving at Shaw AFB is watching it in the rear view mirror as you leave for the last time.

1 comments:

sweetviolet said...

finn says he's gonna drop dipe and moon it.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com * background by Tayler